Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mammoth Buried in Sand

Myself and fast Eddie were the only sisters to show up for this quasi gravel road race. Where was the leaning tower of sauber? Did they run out of sauber bars??? Eddie and I can only riddle it must be so!

 A number of training buddies showed up regardless of the threat of rain, Kudos to them! My take on the rain was bring it on! Let the rain slow down the whiners and posers! HA! For some odd reason rain makes my legs move faster, can't figure that out. I just go with it until they quit on me, then push a little more.

 The ride was epic, terrible, and memorable. Highlights like the sand dunes from hell,  the rollers that trick the eyes and punish the legs, and the sweet rain. The sand slowed my pace of almost 20 mph to a screeching halt. Clydesdale's, sand, and 35c slicks don't make a good marriage. I pushed through just the same. It sucked at the time, but leaves you feel all bright and shiny you made it through only to catch back up with those who rolled through the dunes faster than you. You can't drop me that easy! Double ha suckers.

 Stopped at the Wren and met up with Tommy G. He was rolling 2"ers and was warming up with some tea. Grabbed a coffee and energy bar and we hit the last sixteen miles. The legs complained about the cool down, so big Tom and I took turns drafting each other. Once we warmed up we caught some cling on's which sucks. They held on for awhile, one midget taking a two minute turn....fail. After that I got my second wind and dropped the hammer. We lost the cling ons and rolled into town under the pouring rain.

 Stuck around for some swag and to hear Joe's experience riding the Great Divide Race. Good day all in all.

 Next year we riddle the sisters into showing up......

No comments:

Post a Comment